Wales Environment Link's Marine Working Group has established a Marine Campaign to help protect Wales' unique marine environment and ensure its health for future generations. New laws that were introduced in 2009 have provided the Welsh Government with the powers needed to revolutionise marine management in Wales. The Marine Campaign calls for the Welsh Government to use these tools in the best possible way to protect Welsh seas for the future. The campaign focuses on four key areas: Marine Planning, Marine Protected Areas, Marine Licensing and Marine Fisheries.
The Marine Working Group has established a website dedicated to this campaign. Please visit www.waleslinkmarine.org.uk for more information.
Thanks go to the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation, the Tubney Charitable Trust and the Waterloo Foundation for their generous support of this campaign.
- Inquiry into marine policy in Wales (Sep 2012)
- Marine Conservation Zones (MCZs) - Potential Site Options for Welsh Waters (July 2012)
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive consultation (Jun 2012) Final Joint Links response
- Management proposals for the Horse Mussel (Modiolus modiolus) reefs off the North Wales coast (Nov 2011)
- Common Fisheries Policy Reform Inquiry (Oct 2011)
- Sustainable Development for Welsh Seas: Our Approach to Marine Planning in Wales (May 2011)
- Marine Licensing (Dec 2010)
- Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management: Development of a National Strategy for Wales (Oct 2010)
- Draft UK Marine Policy Statement (Oct 2010)
- Pre-consultation on the Draft UK Marine Policy Statement: A paper for discussion (May 2010)
- WAG Proposals for Future Sea Fisheries Stakeholder Input Framework for Wales (Feb 2010)
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (Jan 2010)
- Protecting Welsh Seas: A draft strategy for marine protected areas in Wales (Dec 2009)
- Government consults on greater protection for Welsh seas (Apr 2012)
- Competition winner joins Wales Environment Link at Newport Wetlands (Feb 2012)
- More resources needed to protect Welsh seas for the future (Nov 2011)
- Promoting sustainable marine management at the Royal Welsh Show (Jul 2011)
- World Oceans Day: A day to celebrate Wales' sensational seas (Jun 2011)
- Marine Matters: The UK Marine Policy Statement makes a splash (Mar 2011)
- Time to Act on the Marine Act (Nov 2010)
- Celebrate our Seas: A Marine Act to better protect our marine life (Nov 2009)